To get started, please download our app, create a user, register the tracker and activate it by shaking the tracker - preferably outdoor.
Activate and test the tracker outside, as concrete and metal can reflect and block the GPS signal. GPS signals are relatively weak signals, which are being sent from satellites 20.000 kilometers away on a frequency that cannot penetrate dense materials.
If you don't see your tracker's icon on the map within 5 minutes, please repeat the "shake" process.
The small blue circle is your phone's location - not your tracker's.
- Open Google Play or App store and download our app: CPH Trackers or app.cphtrackers.com
- Install and open the app and grant it the necessary permissions.
- Create a user account with your email address as username
- Press the + icon in the top right corner
- Scan the QR code on the tracker or enter the ID manually
- Give the tracker a name - e.g. "car", "boat" or "cargo bike".
- Go outdoors and shake the tracker quickly for 10 seconds - leave it in the outside for 5 minutes while it receives a GPS signal.
- Confirm that the activation status is "Activated"
- Test the connection where you intend to mount the tracker
- Mount it with the double-sided tape when you are sure the connection is good.
Mounting the COBBLESTONE GPS tracker
Make sure to activate the tracker before mounting. If you have mounted your tracker before it was activated, be patient - the Cobblestone GPS tracker has an autostart feature which means that it will activate itself within 7 days of being registered to a user.
As far as possible, the tracker should point with the logo towards the sky without any concrete or metal obstacles. If there is metal above the tracker, point the logo in a direction in which the signals can reach the tracker.
The included adhesive is ultra-strong and permanent and adheres to metal, plastic, wood, etc. Clean the surface thoroughly before mounting. Remove the red liner from one side of the tape and place it on the tracker. Remove the other liner and place the tracker in the desired location. Please let the foam tape harden for 24 hours and put some pressure on it for maximum effect.
IMPORTANT: Avoid too much metal around the tracker - metal reflects and blocks GPS signals, so even duct tape, tin foil and paint with metal content can completely block both GPS and data network connectivity. However, the signals can go through glass, wood, plastic and fiberglass just fine.
Re-finding Missing or Stolen Property
If your tracker is lost, we recommend switching to "Live Tracking" until the tracker is recovered - but feel free to use "Emergency" for a few days at a time. To switch profiles, tap your tracker's icon at the bottom of the app and tap the middle "Profile" icon. Tap the dropdown menu and select "Live Tracking" or "Emergency". Please avoid using "Emergency" for more than a few days, as it uses an extensive amount of power.
Synchronisation and Power Saving Profiles
Please note that the tracker works independently of the app and server - it will simply follow the instructions it has been given until it receives new ones. This means that you have to wait for the tracker to sync and download your new settings the next time it sends coordinates.
So if the tracker sends coordinates once a day, it can take up to a day before it changes profile. If it sends a signal once every 7 days, it will take 7 days to change the settings etc.
We recommend using the "24 hours" profile, as it provides the best balance of predictable battery life and response time.
"Live tracking" and "Parking" are recommended for vehicles that don't move very often, such as caravans, boats, trailers etc. "Parking" is good for vehicles that only move once or twice a day (on average). With these two motion-activated profiles, the tracker is only active once a week - unless motion is detected.
With the "Parking" profile, the tracker only sends the position when movement has stopped - not while it is moving. With "Live tracking" the tracker sends during and after movement as well.
Please avoid the "Weekly" profile, unless you are aware that you may have to wait up to a week before the tracker reacts to new instructions. Although "Weekly" is the obvious choice for periods of inactivity, Live Tracking will often be a better choice because it will make the tracker ready to use whenever you move it.
- The tracker is "offline" between position updates, so it only downloads new settings the next time it sends a position update
- GPS technology is designed for outdoor use. If the tracker is indoors, it may give inaccurate or no coordinates which show up in the app as "Bad signal" or "No signal"
- The tracker is designed for outdoor use, so the casing is ultrasonic welded and thus IP67 certified water and dust resistant
- The batteries are not rechargeable but you can buy a battery change for 399,- kr. or €53.95
- The expected battery life is 4 years at 1 track per day, but this may vary due to temperature, signal conditions or rough use.
- A GPS tracker can only be assigned to 1 user, so the app will report errors if the tracker is already registered to an account.
- You can share access to your tracker with others by sharing your username (email) and password so they can log in on their own devices
- Write to us from the email address your tracker is registered to if you want to move the tracker to another user account
- Live Tracking is only recommended for tracking things that stand still most of the time
- The "Emergency" profile should only be used for short periods as it uses a lot of power in a relatively short time
- The tracker is not suitable for tracking people or pets
- Cobblestone does not have a real-time-clock, so time intervals can vary
- The tracker works in the EU + Norway + UK out of the box, but you can buy an area upgrade for 399,- DKK / €53.95 to active it in other countries
- The tracker uses 2G GSM/GPRS communication for data transmission. This is the "original" data (internet) network, and has the wides coverage of all mobile data networks - however, there may be areas where there is no coverage - especially indoors.